NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Tyrconnell 17yo Single Malt.

Let's talk whiskey.

Tyrconnell 17yo Single Malt.

Postby John » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:29 pm

I picked up a bottle of this at the CWS the other day and I believe that this is the best single malt that Cooley's have produced - better than the 10yo Madeira finish even :shock:

If this is a sign of things to come from them in terms of longer-aged stock then it will engender a new found patience in me!! :lol:

Anyone else tried it?
J.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Re: Tyrconnell 17yo Single Malt.

Postby varizoltan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:31 pm

yepp
we have tasted it at the november tasting
no1 for me too :thumbsup:
Happiness is having a rare steak,a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak!!!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby Fionnán » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:53 pm

My elder brother gave me a bottle of this for christmas and and it's like getting your mouth scrubbed out with fruit scented soaps!(in a good way...) The peat-head in me always preferred the Connemara line to Tyrconnell but if this is what it matures into, i might be tempted to revise that view. That being said, i havent had any of the 17 yr old connemara or the sherry finish; any thoughts on how they compare with Tyrconnell's astounding maturation?
Fionnán
Bourbon Barrel

Postby JohnM » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:57 pm

I don't think I've had the Tyrconnell 17, but I might crack it open tonight if I can find it.

The Connemara 17 is outstanding, I think, although I'm not always too keen on the Sherry finish standard one. It's fine, but not great. Sometimes I like it more than others.

If they released the Connemara 17 at cask strength, I think it would be hard to beat.
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Return to Whiskey