NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

xmas buying

Let's talk whiskey.

xmas buying

Postby magoo » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:28 pm

didnt buy much over the christmas just a bottle of lockes 9yr old grand crew and jameson 15yr old pure pot still.bought the middleton 30yr old at an auction before xmas so that was enough spent.snowed in over new year so didnt venture out much.hope to go to scotland for a week so might pick something up over there.buy anything yourself john.
magoo
New Spirit

Re: xmas buying

Postby John » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:00 am

Hi Magoo,
Nothing for the collection unfortunately, just some of the crowd pleasers for when friends/family call round, such as Redbreast 12yo, Powers 12yo, Black Bush, Tyrconnells, etc.
Cheers,
J.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby JohnM » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:05 pm

magoo wrote:didnt buy much over the christmas just a bottle of lockes 9yr old grand crew and jameson 15yr old pure pot still.bought the middleton 30yr old at an auction before xmas so that was enough spent.snowed in over new year so didnt venture out much.hope to go to scotland for a week so might pick something up over there.buy anything yourself john.

The Highland Park Earl Magnus Edition might be a good one to pick up...
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:36 pm

JohnM wrote:
magoo wrote:didnt buy much over the christmas just a bottle of lockes 9yr old grand crew and jameson 15yr old pure pot still.bought the middleton 30yr old at an auction before xmas so that was enough spent.snowed in over new year so didnt venture out much.hope to go to scotland for a week so might pick something up over there.buy anything yourself john.

The Highland Park Earl Magnus Edition might be a good one to pick up...

Looking at them myself as I love HP Cask strength offerings. JohnM let me know if you know where to some as I want to buy 2 or 3 pronto. People are saying they are expensive @ £85 (Circa 100Euro) but I've been buying some Maxxim 35cl single cask HP's for 60Euro a pop so that would equate to 120Euro for a full bottle. SO not too bad. I really like HP around this age at Csak Strength 8-)
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby JohnM » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:34 pm

I got a couple from the distillery sent to a friend's mother in Scotland... I won't have them for a month. However, I see that they will be available in different countries, which suggests they'll be available outside the distillery. If they're not going to sell them outside the distillery, you can have one of mine.
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:47 pm

JohnM wrote:I got a couple from the distillery sent to a friend's mother in Scotland... I won't have them for a month. However, I see that they will be available in different countries, which suggests they'll be available outside the distillery. If they're not going to sell them outside the distillery, you can have one of mine.

Cheers John, very good of you but I'll do my damdest to get a few of my own ;)
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Return to Whiskey