NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Selling Old Comber PPS

Let's talk whiskey.

Selling Old Comber PPS

Postby dramboyo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:22 pm

I'm offering for sale my last bottle of Old Comber 30 YO PPS, so I'd like to give forum members first refusal.
It's in fine order with no loss of contents and comes boxed.

I'm prepared to ship it anywhere in the world, but the buyer will of course assume responsibility for postage and any import or local tax costs. (Postage costs are roughly £20 to either GB or Eire, including insurance)

Payment by PayPal is welcome, or should the buyer prefer to collect in person, I live near Bangor, County Down.

First £300 secures.

If you're interested or have a query please feel free to contact me through the site.

Tony
dramboyo
New Spirit

Re: Selling Old Comber PPS

Postby dramboyo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:20 pm

Now selling Old Comber & Bushmills 82 Millennium on eBay.
Thanks.
dramboyo
New Spirit

Postby dramboyo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Now selling a bottle of Old Comber with a reduced starting bid on ebay (ends Sunday evening).
Thanks.
dramboyo
New Spirit

Postby dramboyo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:12 pm

Item sold.
Many thanks.
dramboyo
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:08 am

Good that you got it sold in the end, hope you were ok with the price you ot in the end ... whiskey is a funny business and bottles can go in and out of favour there fore the price can fluctuate. Even though you'd think these are rare they are quite common and seem to be hard to shift these days as most collector would have one. Further it does not help that the whiskey is a bit on the over aged side too so not as desirable as possibly others.

Thanks for keeping the thread updated :thumbsup:
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby jcskinner » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:00 pm

I think a lot of people would love the chance to own or sample Old Comber, and prices haven't varied enormously for it. I think what's changed is people's discretionary income in the current climate.
Buying an expensive bottle of whiskey is easier to rationalise when the economy's booming, you're seeing a bonus in your wages, and taxes and interest rates are low.
But people cut back on that when they see their wages fall, mortgage payments rise and get nervous about the economy.
I'd love a bottle of Comber to taste (my father being parsimonious to say the least with the bottle I got for him!) But I just can't justify it at the moment, and I guess that might go for other interested parties too.
jcskinner
Bourbon Barrel

Return to Whiskey