NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

advice

Let's talk whiskey.

advice

Postby Fionnán » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:02 am

So, i've always wanted to try the spirit from the Old Midleton distillery but never had the money to spring for either Dungourney or the 25 and 30 year old Middleton releases. I saw this on the CWS website and i might be able to spring for this after christmas: http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/Irish_ ... page-1.htm

however, i'd also been thinking about the 2009 14 year old bourbon cask aged CWS PPS bottling from the modern midleton distillery which runs for almost the exact same price. I've always been a fan of the green spot style of PPS which i hear this new release is reminiscent of (i'm guessing because of the shared bourbon cask emphasis?) If i can afford either one of them, it could only be one. Any advice?
Fionnán
Bourbon Barrel

Re: advice

Postby Luke Gough » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:32 pm

If you're brave or foolish enough head to the Porterhouse on Parliament Street. They have Dungourney 1964 for €33.00 a shot. As i said, brave or foolish!

If you're either, be aware that this whiskey needs 20-30 minutes to open up. Cover the glass with a clean beermat and have a pint whilst waiting...
Luke Gough
Bourbon Barrel

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:19 pm

I think Fionnán is Based Stateside. SO popping into a DUblin pub may be an issue ;)

Could not really advise you on this one. No idea what style the Midleton 15yo would be? Looks fairly light in colour so probably a majority of bourbon cask. But for €164.60 plus delivery to persons stateside is not a bad price at all. Put it this way I'd give it a go but the fact you saw it before me I'll leave it :thumbsup: .
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby Fionnán » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:28 pm

Sincerest thanks Adrian for holding back ;) i wouldn't worry too much about the shipping costs... The GAA out in San Francisco are a bit like an amateur anti-customs club at this point and whenever anyone goes to or from Ireland it's usually with suitcases of the shopping lists of 15 or so people so it shouldnt be too hard to give someone the money to pick it up for me.
Fionnán
Bourbon Barrel

Return to Whiskey