NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

What are you having yourself?

Let's talk whiskey.

Re: What are you having yourself?

Postby ridge004 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:06 am

Seamus wrote:
John wrote:That's a great line up Seamus! Hope you all enjoyed the night :thumbsup:
Was there any consensus in terms of a favourite amongst the group?
Cheers,
John.

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:Seamus, I think you got seriously spoiled with that selection ;)

Sounded like a wonderful night ....

Will done to Pat :thumbsup:

We certainly did get well spoiled.

There was a consensus but I don't recall which ended up being the final favorite. It's so hard to pick anyway - like choosing favorite family members! I do recall Slieve Foy was well liked on its own merits in addition to having a fun personal connection for a member of the group. The Millenium Malt and Palace Bar pours may have been the two with the most hands in the air during our 'vote early and often' poll at the end. Those were the two I voted for, although I probably most appreciated the opportunity to try the two Teelings. I recall reading reviews of them when they were released and wondering if I'd ever have the opportunity to try them. Well done to Pat indeed!

It was quite a pleasure to be joined by such a worthy group of devotees in a long and happy tasting. (Not everyone sampled everything, I hasten to add.) The Teelings were particular favorites, though there was quite a variation in people's preferences. I am happy to report that Seamus was his usual stalwart self, providing plenty of insights!
ridge004
New Spirit

Postby Seamus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:58 am

Enjoying a Redbreast 12 cask strength while waiting for the wife to get home. Planning to cap the evening off later on with Dair Ghaelach tree 9 to commemorate some excellent news we received today.
Seamus
New Spirit

Postby old bridge » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:42 pm

Seamus wrote:Enjoying a Redbreast 12 cask strength while waiting for the wife to get home. Planning to cap the evening off later on with Dair Ghaelach tree 9 to commemorate some excellent news we received today.

Well a very good day to you and the good wife for whatever the news are, and your choice of liquid to celebrate with could not have been much better! :D
old bridge
New Spirit

Postby ssascott » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Got a bottle of The Sexton Single Malt. Very interesting. Comes in a squat, black, six-sided bottle. Looks like a Bushmills product. It is aged in sherry casks and that really comes through. I could see how some people will hate it because of its overt sweetness, but I enjoyed it and its $25 price tag!
ssascott
Quarter Cask

Postby ridge004 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:04 am

ssascott wrote:Got a bottle of The Sexton Single Malt. Very interesting. Comes in a squat, black, six-sided bottle. Looks like a Bushmills product. It is aged in sherry casks and that really comes through. I could see how some people will hate it because of its overt sweetness, but I enjoyed it and its $25 price tag!

I think it will be quite popular. As you noted, it's easy-drinking and a great value whiskey.
ridge004
New Spirit

Postby Seamus » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:56 pm

Ardbeg 10 has been my evening dram lately. Going well with a fire, ginger beer on the side, and hockey on the television.
Seamus
New Spirit

Postby Seamus » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:08 pm

old bridge wrote:
Seamus wrote:Enjoying a Redbreast 12 cask strength while waiting for the wife to get home. Planning to cap the evening off later on with Dair Ghaelach tree 9 to commemorate some excellent news we received today.

Well a very good day to you and the good wife for whatever the news are, and your choice of liquid to celebrate with could not have been much better! :D

Thank you! The good news was that my wife and I had received our travel dates to meet and pick up our new adopted daughters. We are now settling into things at home and pretty dresses and shoes (3 family weddings to attend this year) are a higher priority than my cellar stocking wish list. I expect inventory will be contracting for the next few years!
Seamus
New Spirit

Postby John » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:04 pm

Congratulations to you both Seamus! If that isn’t a reason to crack open one of the finest Irish whiskeys then I really don’t know what is!!
Best of luck to ye all.
J.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Previous

Return to Whiskey