NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Getting rid of my Bushmills

Let's talk whiskey.

Getting rid of my Bushmills

Postby JohnM » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:32 pm

I like Bushmills, but am not a massive fan. So there is not much point in me keeping all my Bushmills.

If anyone wants to buy a Bushmills 5 year old, a Bushmills Rum Cask (in wooden box, for Celtic Whiskey Shop, distilled 1989) and maybe a Bushmills Millennium 1985 (not sure about this yet), let me know. I don't know the values of these, so if anyone has any idea, let me know. I will try to do a good deal. I also have a Bushmills Millennium 1608.

I might have a few more Bushmills single casks. I'll have a look.
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Re: Getting rid of my Bushmills

Postby PureDrop » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:59 pm

Hello John,
Always liked the Rum cask - I'd be interested in that.
Never tasted the 5yo - what's it like?
Sadly, I find the 10yo not at all to my taste - I must try it again and see if I can pinpoint why.
/M
PureDrop
Rundlet Cask

Postby JohnM » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:08 am

Hi Michael,

I have not tasted this particular rum cask, but I've tasted another and it was unusual, but nice. Surprisingly dry for something coming from a rum cask. You are welcome to it if you want it.

I tasted the five year old about five years ago while on my honeymoon in Italy. To be honest, I can't remember if it was good, bad or indifferent. You probably already know this, but it was produced exclusively for the Italian market. Not sure they make it any more.

Regards

John
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby jcskinner » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:25 pm

@John: PM sent.
@Michael: The five year old is a very clean expression of Bush's spirit. Made for the Italians as John says, and long discontinued. I like, but it is very much of the 'family' of the 10 yo.
I tend to find Bushes fall into two 'families' - the grassy, bourbon influenced White Bush, 5 yo and 10 yo (and single bourbon casks); and the sumptuous toffee sherry-influenced Black Bush, 12 yo distillery reserve, old duty free 1608 12 yo, 16 yo, 21 yo (and single sherry casks.)
The new 1608 anniversary edition and the 'Select Casks' duty free edition vatted with Carribean rum cask finished Bush (and the single rum casks) offer a welcome variation from these two family styles.
jcskinner
Bourbon Barrel

Postby irishwhiskey4me » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi John

I have only just come across your offerings of your Bushmills collection and would be interested in the 5 year old and the rum cask and possibley any other Bushmills you have to offer ?

regards chris
irishwhiskey4me
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:46 pm

If john is out of The Rum cask I have one spare too
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby JohnM » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:05 pm

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:If john is out of The Rum cask I have one spare too

Hi Adrian

Yes, I'm out.

I have left the Bushmills 1982 Millennium and a bourbon cask, which is the one currently available in the Celtic Whskey Shop.
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby Whiskey Pilgrim » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:21 am

Hi John,
i would be interested,but i live in the north of Spain,,if you still have the 5 yr old etc next year,i could meet you in Dublin...all the best,
Whiskey Pilgrim, "Cock o´Bizkaia"!!
Whiskey Pilgrim
Rundlet Cask

Postby damienmcguigan » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:33 pm

Do you still have the Millennium and if so is it still on offer?
damienmcguigan
Quarter Cask

Return to Whiskey