NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Get Involved

Let's talk whiskey.

Get Involved

Postby Blackwater » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:17 pm

Hi - Peter here from Blackwater Distillery. Sorry for the delay in getting into whisky production, but as some of you know 2015 wasn't all plain sailing for us. We had to stop our collaboration projects and with that went a serious income stream. We are back on track now and are going for it on a slightly larger scale than originally planned. We are putting together an investor fund of some €300,000 and it is going quite well. The reason for this post is we would like to crowd fund some of that. Not certain how much yet, but not a large amount. There are several reasons we want to. Firstly I like the idea of getting others involved in a meaningful way, which is why we are not interested in crowd funding for t-shirts etc., we will crowd fund for equity. That's shares, real 'A' shares in the company with full voting rights. The same shares I hold. This is very much in line with our philosophy of openness and transparency. With the cash we will complete the purchase of our two new stills and our brewing facilities. We have plenty of funky spirits coming down the track and we would love you to be involved not just as consumers, but as collaborators, partners. We are putting a prospectus together, so if you are interested in more information please contact me via my LikedIn profile ie.linkedin.com/in/petermulryan - Thanks, Peter Mulryan.
Blackwater
New Spirit

Re: Get Involved

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi Peter,

I'm happy to hear your back on track. I've followed your progress over the last couple of years.

I've discussed the various restrictions & red tape that needs to be changed in the industry. I've even emailed ibec/IWA regarding some of the issues I think that needs to be addressed. I've no idea what progress if any have been made.

I bought some shares from you at WhiskeyLive 2014. At the time you had great innovative ideas. I look forward to cashing them in some time.

I'm trying to get a South East chapter off the ground in the area and would like to drop into some day to see how things are going.

Best wishes & Sláinte

Willie.
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money
https://twitter.com/potstillwhiskey
https://facebook.com/potstillwhiskey/
https://www.instagram.com/potstillwhiskey/
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Postby Blackwater » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi Willie, to anyone who has pre-bought a bottle - that offer still holds. This share offering is different, it is for real company shares as we are selling equity. When we get our brewing equipment we look forward to being truly innovative - we have been vocal in our opposition to the GI's for both Pot Still Irish and Poteen however it has fallen on deaf ears - the powers that be have no interest in anything but box ticking.
Blackwater
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:19 am

Great to hear Peter, I for one will be very interested in picking up some shares in your venture. I think your idea is a true and honest one. I have always been left a bit cold at crowd funding, an interesting concept but to me it always seemed to me that people wanted money for their business but asking me to contribute and all I'd get back is a token that in essence is not worth my contribution. Basically charity for a business venture :lol: . Has been quite successful for many but not my cup of tea.

Wishing you all the best and look forward to seeing Blackwater Distillery grow over the years.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Return to Whiskey