NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Lagavulin 16yo

Let's talk whiskey.

Lagavulin 16yo

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:50 pm

Finished a lovely dinner of Steak & spuds washed down with porter :mrgreen:

Anyway a bit bloated and as it's friday so decided to break out the whiskey earlier than normal.

Last drop from a bottle of Lagavulin 16yo which made a nice large one ;)

This is an evergreen in my stock ... I actually opened another one a couple of months ago so that it was well seasoned when this one was finished :oops:

Anyway this whisky is one of the all time classics ... an islay which has heavy layers of smoke which is like having wafts of smoldering fires in your glass ... but in no way harsh ... actually very smooth, silky smooth with velvety rich sherry.

A stunning creation and one of my all time favourites.

What say the rest of ye ;)
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Re: Lagavulin 16yo

Postby JohnM » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:17 am

Lagavulin 16 is my favourite regular distillery bottled scotch. It's a classic. I haven't had some for a long time. I'll have to pick some up.
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Re: Lagavulin 16yo

Postby WilliesWineblog » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:19 pm

When I want a smooth Islay rather than a big in your face monster Lagavulin is my "go to" whiskey.
I find it incredibly complex and smoky the opposite to my other favourite Islay 10yo Laphroaig.

Note: I was give a bottle of the distillers reserve Lagavulin but didn't enjoy it as much - it was very dark and little too much for my palate..

willie
WilliesWineblog
New Spirit

Return to Whiskey