NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

I've Been Working on a Whiskey Project

Let's talk whiskey.

I've Been Working on a Whiskey Project

Postby jstasiuk » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:02 am

Hello fine people of Irish Whiskey Society, bd)
I've been working on a tool for the past 6 months that I finally feel comfortable enough to share. It helps you sort, search, and find the right bottle of alcohol or cocktail based on your drinking preferences. I recently rebuilt the Irish Whiskey content and thought you guys might like it.

This tool comes in the form of an android app Bo) http://bit.ly/utlforums and as a website :geek: http://bit.ly/1EtUkSy

What does it do? :scratch:
Search across a variety of different alcohol types -- whiskey, beer, vodka, tequila, gin, brandy, liqueurs, and more.
Gain valuable insights about the value of a bottle based on its characteristics.
Utilize my "Smart Rating" to choose the best bottle at a glance.
Compare bottles side-by-side based on price, professional reviews, tasting notes, availability, and more.
Understand every aspect of the spirit, from production to taste
Create your own visualizations using a vast library of data.
Review bottles you have tried and share your expertise with others in the community.
Add new bottles from your local brewery or distillery.
This app also contains a vast cocktail and drinking games database with more than 16,000 cocktails and 200 drinking games.
Search for cocktails based on ingredients you already have at home.
Create and add your own cocktails and drinking games to share with your friends.
Sort by everything from alcohol type to price.¬
Add your own images and reviews and share them.

Feedback
What features would make this app/site better for the casual drinker?
What issues did you encounter while using the app / if you're drunk is it still usable?
Does it satisfy you as a connoisseur and as a relaxed hobbyist?
jstasiuk
New Spirit

Return to Whiskey