NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Wicklow Whiskey Bars

Let's talk whiskey.

Wicklow Whiskey Bars

Postby varizoltan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:21 pm

Leitrim Bar, Seafront, Wicklow town have a good selection of Irish Whiskeys and a few goodone of Scotch

prices are really good too

they haven't got any from Cooley (but i informed John Cashman to do something about that) but have the full selection of Jameson and Bushmills range

friendly staff, good food, a good bar to go to, if you are in Wicklow town
Happiness is having a rare steak,a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak!!!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Re: Wicklow Whiskey Bars

Postby IainB » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:59 am

It's a good pub alright. That said, and I know this should probably a different discussion point, but I'd describe it more as a pub with a few decent whiskeys than a whiskey bar per say. The have the IDL premium whiskeys plinth and a couple of others but not much of real interest.

I'm not sure this is a valid distinction, just a thought.
IainB
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:00 am

IainB wrote:

You might have a point Iain but because of lack of any other Wicklow pubs being put forward I suppose it has it's merits ... may not enough to get through to the Rose of Tralee selection process but worth a mention ;)
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby IainB » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:14 pm

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:
IainB wrote:

You might have a point Iain but because of lack of any other Wicklow pubs being put forward I suppose it has it's merits ... may not get through to the Rose of Tralee selection process but worth a mention ;)

I've been trying to think of the other pubs I've been in county wicklow (which is quite a few) and what whiskeys they have. I think the Porterhouse in Bray has a decent selection, but I haven't been there in quite a while.

Frank Duffs in Bray would have a similar selection to the Leitrim above - again not maybe a whiskey bar but a bar with a decent selection. They'd have the IDL plinth, a couple of Bushmills, one or two Cooleys I think and the Diageo plinth. Maybe there's a Glenmorangie and a Glenlivet there too, but I'm not sure.
IainB
Hogshead

Return to Whiskey