NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Whiskey on the Radio

Let's talk whiskey.

Whiskey on the Radio

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:14 am

Today FM now with Noel Sweeney & Heidi Donlon...
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Re: Whiskey on the Radio

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:19 am

Finished now!!! Usual questions but good to hear an Irish Whiskey slot on the radio...with Matt Cooper Today FM

Could someone post a link to the 'podcast' when it's available....
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby DavidH » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:57 am

I heard that one earlier in the week, and Heidi on 4fm before that. I was reminded that there are some basic questions we should be answering - how do you serve whiskey (on the rocks, mixed), etc.
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby cathach » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:54 am

As a matter of interest have any of ye heard the documentary on Locke's Distillery, Kilbeggan? It was part of an RTE series on 'fogotten' Irish industries. There were a fair amount of interviews with people that remembered the distillery working and had worked in it, mixed in with excerpts from the current guided tour. It's an interesting piece of oral history and history of perceptions to the distillery as well.

For example there's a vocal piece from a lady (with a very proper accent, former secretary I think), who was very satisfied at the distillery's closure and glad that the husbands would now be at home sober with the wives. That can be compared with the dismay evident from people connected with those that worked there, as there was no other work in the town at all and most had to emigrate.

There are also several descriptions from people of how the whiskey was made etc., but beware, some of it is patently false!! And describes how for example the wash was so strong it'd knock a man out or that the foreshots were poisonous and discharged into the river etc.....
cathach
Rundlet Cask

Postby JohnM » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:14 pm

I was listening to Seascapes on RTE Radio 1 on the way home from work tonight, as I do on a Friday. Anyway, they mentioned Michael's canal project, the Irish Whiskey Society, Kilebggan, Cooley etc...
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Return to Whiskey