NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Irish Mist

Let's talk whiskey.

Irish Mist

Postby DavidH » Sat May 30, 2009 9:46 am

I see Irish Mist has changed it's packaging to look more like a bottle of whiskey. Looks good to me.

I'm not fond of the taste of it, however. Anybody drink this, or know anyone who drinks it?

Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Re: Irish Mist

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Irish Mist does exactly what it says on the tin. A sweet liquer with honey and spices. The original concoction saved the Tullamore Dew brand due to its success in the export market particularly the US. The story is quite interesting, which is for another day, but basically they were searching for a recipe and after searching through historical texts without finding a successful formula, someone from Tullamore met a gentleman from Austria who had an old Irish recipe in his possession, the rest is history. Essentially it is an after dinner liquer, but a bit sweet for todays palette, more commonly uset in cocktails nowadays.
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby IainB » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:42 pm

I won a bottle of it once. Far too sickly sweet for my tastes. Ok as a hot toddy, made in the same way as a whiskey but without the sugar. Who owns this brand? Was it sold to C&C with Tullamore dew?
IainB
Hogshead

Postby varizoltan » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:57 am

did you try check on the bottle :?:
Happiness is having a rare steak,a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak!!!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby Whiskey Pilgrim » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:48 pm

Whisk(e)y Liquers like Irish Mist,Drambuie,Eblana,etc are best drunk as a "Rusty Nail"half whiskey half Liquer more or less,,or a Royal Irish Coffee with liquer in stead of whiskey....
Whiskey Pilgrim, "Cock o´Bizkaia"!!
Whiskey Pilgrim
Rundlet Cask

Return to Whiskey