NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

New whiskeys coming soon

Let's talk whiskey.

Re: New whiskeys coming soon

Postby truecrippler » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:58 pm

I saw a bottle of the Slane Castle whiskey for tasting in James Foxs' cigar shop.
They were selling it for 30 quid but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to taste it, I might pick up a bottle just to have it.
truecrippler
New Spirit

Postby John » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:52 am

Hi All,
Does anyone know how the 'launch' of the Slane Castle whiskey went? Newspaper reoprts I have read detail accounts of assaults and drug-related arrests - and from the report - that was in the VIP area, the proposed launch site of the brand :oops: I'm sure this wasn't the start that the owners would have wanted for their brand. Still, I can't understand why they chose that setting instead of a more peer-reviewed launch such as an IWS / Slane endorsement :?:
Shame.
John.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:22 pm

Looks like there is another Independent branded Cooley blend in the US also.

A company Called Origine Spirits have added this to their line up of other generic spirits.

Not listed on their meagre website yet so must be fairly new.

Origine Spirits Website

Bottled in a botttle like the Greenore.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby IainB » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 pm

I've tried the Slane whiskey at this stage. To be honest it's ok. Standard enough Cooley blend. I'm afraid that while I love their malts and single grains the blends just don't do it for me. I know that makes little sense, when I love the constituents of the blends but there you go.

Actually, there's one exception. I used to really like Millars, but haven't had it in a few years now.
IainB
Hogshead

Postby varizoltan » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:36 am

yes, it is an ok whiskey
it is a blend made to be drinkable with coke and other mixtures for the US market
so you can not expect too much from it
Happiness is having a rare steak,a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak!!!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

New whiskeys coming soon

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi everyone, Murray McDavid (Bruichladdich) have released a new 10 Year Old Single Malt Cooley bottling 1999-2009 at 46% ABV ncf. Picture below.

http://web9.vs169227.vserver.de/shop2/p ... ts_id=1906
Attachments
Cooley Murray McDavid.jpg
Cooley Murray McDavid.jpg (47.64 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Previous

Return to Whiskey