NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

The Whisky Exchange.

Let's talk whiskey.

The Whisky Exchange.

Postby John » Fri May 15, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi All,

I paid a visit to the Whisky Exchange in Vinopolis, London recently. Nice store with some fantastic whiskies. Mostly Scotch but had a decent number of noteable Irish releases. Thanks to Matt I had the opportunity to taste one of the new Port Askaig expressions - the 17yo, and, I also sampled the Ardbeg 'Still Young' straight from their onsite Hogshead. I'm glad I tasted in that order because the Ardbeg was rocketfuel! Very nice rocketfuel though!

Don't ask me how, but I also got in an interview with a Japanese Whiskey programme - naturally I plugged the IWS!!

Word of advice to anyone thinking of heading over - call ahead! They have a massive inventory listed on their website, not all of which is immediatly available in store. With an advance call then can have it positioned in store for you when you get there.

All the best,
John.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Re: The Whisky Exchange.

Postby varizoltan » Fri May 15, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi all,

i have been to there store at Space business park, Park Royal, in december 2007

i was like :shock: , a massive stock of whisk(e)y
i have never seen a thing like it in my life
shelfs 8' high 2' deep handreds of yards long :o

i met the owner Sukhinder Singh, he is a kind man, but i did not know that time he has a massive collection himself,i am not certain where,but i think i come across a figure of 3500 bottles he have as a privat collection

i got 24 bottles of him there for a good price,
Happiness is having a rare steak,a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak!!!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Re: The Whisky Exchange.

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Fri May 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Yes, Sukhinder is well known in collectors circles and is a keen collector himself, Started out simple from a warehouse and when the collectors market got going he was in the right place at the right time and is now has probably one of the top selections of whisk(e)y in Europe.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Return to Whiskey