NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Pappy Van Winkle's 15 YO Family Reserve

Let's talk whiskey.

Pappy Van Winkle's 15 YO Family Reserve

Postby stephen leddy » Sat May 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Oh My God, what a Bourbon.
I have finally found a whiskey that gives me a huge (but very smooth) hit of caramel, toffee and vanilla on the taste but also delivers a great lengthly smooth finish again with tons of vanilla, milk chocolate and toffee. It's full of flavour but not too overpowering. It's a full 53.5% abv

Superb wood with fruit and spice on the nose

I thought I had died and gone to whiskey heaven!

Can't wait to try the 20 year old
stephen leddy
New Spirit

Re: Pappy Van Winkle's 15 YO Family Reserve

Postby IainB » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:29 pm

I've a bottle of the 20yo here unopened. Now that you've prompted me I must open it. Though maybe not tonight as I'm halfway through a Green Spot. I'll post here in the next little while on how I got on.
IainB
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:20 am

Hey what happened to my post a month or so ago :?: :|

Freaky ... I was $h1tin' about how I missed out about how I missed tasting the whole family of Winkle's but obviously I really talk too much and I'm getting sensored ...
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby IainB » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:24 am

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:Hey what happened to my post a month or so ago :?: :|

Freaky ... I was $h1tin' about how I missed out about how I missed tasting the whole family of Winkle's but obviously I really talk too much and I'm getting sensored ...

Funny you should say that. I was looking at the members by number or posts a minute ago. You're ahead of the nearest rival by a factor of 3!!! I was thinging of calling you Mr. TH, if you know what I mean.
IainB
Hogshead

Return to Whiskey