Powers single pot still lineup question

Let's talk whiskey.

Powers single pot still lineup question

Postby Rick M. » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:57 pm

I've managed to track down a John's Lane. Any opinions on the others? Are they worth tracking down? I know where I can find a Signature. TIA.
Rick M.
New Spirit

Re: Powers single pot still lineup question

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:38 pm

I think the Signature is great whiskey. It was released at the same time as the Redbreast 21. It got lost in the shadows.

If you can get 3 swallow release it's an entry level Pot Still. Great value bang for your buck.

If you've a chance to get a Redbreast Lustau, you'll be well impressed I believe. It gives a different side to the Pot Still experience.
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Postby Rick M. » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Good Whiskey Hunting wrote:I think the Signature is great whiskey. It was released at the same time as the Redbreast 21. It got lost in the shadows.

If you can get 3 swallow release it's an entry level Pot Still. Great value bang for your buck.

If you've a chance to get a Redbreast Lustau, you'll be well impressed I believe. It gives a different side to the Pot Still experience.

Thanks, GWH. How does the Signature differ from the John's Lane?
Rick M.
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Rick M. wrote:
.... How does the Signature differ from the John's Lane?

Powers JL is a much heavier pot still style and more flavour some in my opinion and is supposedly more like what Powers was back in the day when it was sold as a PPS also. Rich and Spicy.

The Signature is closer to the current regular powers blended style although also a PPS. Sweet and smooth but good for the price.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby Rick M. » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:32 pm

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:
Rick M. wrote:
.... How does the Signature differ from the John's Lane?

Powers JL is a much heavier pot still style and more flavour some in my opinion and is supposedly more like what Powers was back in the day when it was sold as a PPS also. Rich and Spicy.

The Signature is closer to the current regular powers blended style although also a PPS. Sweet and smooth but good for the price.

Thanks for the clarification, IWC.
Rick M.
New Spirit

Postby JohnM » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:37 am

There are also some single casks, like the ones for the Celtic Whiskey Shop, the Long Hall, L Mulligan Grocer and the Temple Bar. Maybe the Loop too?
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby Rick M. » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:17 pm

JohnM wrote:There are also some single casks, like the ones for the Celtic Whiskey Shop, the Long Hall, L Mulligan Grocer and the Temple Bar. Maybe the Loop too?

Thanks for the suggestions, JohnM.
Rick M.
New Spirit

Return to Whiskey